Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WSMsL2012 - PrideTrip days 3 & 4 (Sun & Mon 6/10-11)



I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I'll pick up with Saturday night.

Let's see, I had a nap and then we went to the Suki Anna Inn for sushi & teriyaki. (They have swordfish nigiri and it's fantastic!!!) After which, we walked but up to Irv's and had a drink before meeting up with Savannah SoReal & a new friend Johnny to hang out. After the drag show, we were back to the hotel to grab our play bag and drive out to the play space for the Inland BDSM Community.

We arrived to find them completing a St. Andrews Cross for their space; I was told that since they had invited state Title holders to their play party, they had felt it necessary to have equipment in case we wanted to play.
Needless to say, we were both very flattered.

After some chatting, I admitted that I had never experienced wax play and was very curious. Sir decided that we should watch the wax scene that was being planned and I was invited to join in. I got to play with some of the paraffin wax for a bit and then I got to wax the stunt-bunny's belly button. The look on his face was AMAZING.
Then I got to try wax play for the first time. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, but it wasn't my favorite thing and triggered some nerve issues low in my back. Sir and I agreed we should get some soy wax candles and try actual candle-drop wax play some time as opposed to using the pre-melt method. I am definitely curious to try again!

Once our scene finished, Sir helped me clean up and then offered our host (and my belly button wax victim) the chance to break in the St. Andrews Cross. Two hours later, the cross was sufficiently broken in and our host was a happy stunt-bunny to be sure.
And so ended our Saturday night; we wrapped it all up and drove back to our hotel. I accidentally left my blue bunny ears headband at their space but decided to will it to the stunt bunnies (specifically Trolly) as I have a white pair back in Seattle.

Sunday. Day 3.
We slept in - by a rather impressive bit - before making our way back over to the Satellite in the early afternoon for a nice bit of brunch & drinks. I had French toast for breakfast, and the mimosa was really the best compliment ever. After brunch, we walked next door to Irv's for a drink; I was still heavily dragging from sub drop & just a bit of exhaustion so I left Sir there and made my way back to the hotel for a nice relaxing nap.

By the time Sir got there to wake me up at 6:30 to get ready for our dinner-date, I was feeling much better. We got dressed up and went down to Spencer's (the Steak & Chops House inside the Doubletree) which was fantastically good food. Our waitress was very nice and the place was very quiet so we took our time and enjoyed our dinner.
We had a porterhouse steak - Sir let me have the larger portion of Filet Migon while He enjoyed the New York - and 6 onion soup. Sir got their house special hash browns which included bacon and cheese and such while I got spinach seared with pan-fried cherry tomatoes. It was delicious.

After dinner, we went back up to our room and had a nice quiet night in while we just blissed out over good food and each other's company.

We woke up this morning and realized we had still not had any luck getting in touch with the Tri-Cities area so we re-considered our plans and started checking on Fetlife for any other information. We confirmed there is a group in Tri-Cities and we even had been recommended a bar to check but as it turns out, it isn't open Monday or Tuesdays. At this revelation, we decided it would be best to either take another night in Spokane or to head directly to Boise. In the end, we decided on Boise and jumped on HotWire to find a hotel. Fortunately we got a fantastic deal on the Shilo Inn in the Riverside district so we jumped up, finished packing everything else up we had to do and loaded up the car.

After checking out, we jumped on the highway and were on our way!

The drive from Spokane to Pullman (our first pit stop) was very scenic and peaceful. For being stuck in a car for a couple hours with nothing but hills and fields and the occasional tiny little township for variety, it was actually very refreshing for me!

After Pullman, we turned towards Lewiston and began moving almost truly south through the scenic terrain of Idaho - we had actually opted to take a different route than Google suggest at first because it wanted to take us south-west before pulling a U and going back south-east; we took I-195 to US-95 to ID SR55 all the way into Boise.
There were a couple of delays with road work running for stretches up to 3 or 4 miles of one-way one lane roads but even that didn't actually slow us down because we got into Boise by 8pm local time (which is 6.75 hours of actual driving, instead of the expected 7.5).

Boise is muggy and warm, even at midnight last night it was very muggy. I don't mind overmuch, but it's a big chance from the cool dry weather we saw in Spokane.

We checked into our hotel, changed out of our driving clothes and into casual leather dress and hit the only gay bar we could find listed (which also just happens to be around the corner and less than a mile away) - the Lucky Dog Tavern. Lucky us, the local Court & community was out and having a night of fundraising with a poker game to start of Pride week here in Boise. What fun!
We had a few drinks, socialized, grabbed dinner, socialized some more and eventually called it a night to return to our hotel room and crash.

I have to say, for all our concerns about a 2 start hotel, this is much more what I'm used to and actually is very comfortable. (And there's a continental breakfast every day for the win!)

So I'm going to go enjoy my bagel and apple before we get ready for our first full day in Boise!

No comments:

Post a Comment