Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A TASTE OF KINK : Redux - post Everett


Bar Myx at 7pm was quiet and I had that little tug of anxiety in the back of my mind that we'd scared away the normal crowd. Immediately, though, I was greeted with smiles and hugs from faces familiar, long missed and brand new. New friends, old friends, what a lovely blend of people too! We quickly set up and I will admit I was delighted with being in the middle of it all to be boot blacking; I got to see it all and even better, I was able to interact with the crowd and be in the middle of it all. It was nice, although it gets a little crazy in a bar around 11pm, if you're sitting in a chair hunched over shoes.

By the time we really got going at around 9, the bar was hopping and we already had a lot of interest in what we were doing. We got the chance to introduce the Cocoon House members who showed up to represent and the crowd really warmed up; the Sisters worked their magic and we soon had lots of folks wanting to be tied up, flogged, paddled, caned, trampled, electrocuted and waxed. We had quite the little debauchery den in the back room with Cro waxing people and using dick-cicles to introduce temperature play; Catawhorl paddling and Sir flogging - and they took turns with the violet wand. And up front, on the platform we had decorative rope & suspensions by Tenball, caning by TheFutchCake and trampling by RyanS. And there I was, my chair against the dance pole right by the dance floor, shining shoes for anyone who cared to sit in my chair.

We had the chance to raffle off some prizes, one of our winners - our first winner - told me that she was delighted because she never won anything. It was such a great start to the evening! We raffled off a Babeland gift bag and lots of small prizes like lube and hand-made coaster sets donated by a sweet kinkster in Spokane. We raised a decent bit, but even better - Cocoon House got a lot of interest and was invited back to host their own fundraisers anytime.

We were delighted!
And then the management at Bar Myx thanked us for coming in and hosting such an event and invited us back this year and next to continue such parties. It was such an amazing experience and I can't wait for this weekend to continue this run. It's just been wonderful and I feel as though we've had a lot of good interaction with the community at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment