Monday, August 27, 2012

Bi-weekly posting - boots, a blue chicken and more

So apparently it's easiest for me to post about every 2 weeks during our home time - being out of town, ironically, makes it easier to blog since I have time in the car during the trip to write everything down and talk with Sir so I can get His take on things as well.

Whew, let's see what's been going on the last few weeks...

On August 16, the Seattle Men in Leather (SML) invaded Linda's Tavern in gear for an evening drinks, food and good company. We saw several folks we hadn't seen in a while - including a dear friend and previous Washington State Mr Leather. We had a funny moment when he realized we were BOTH title holders - I guess he though Sir won and I was just along for the ride, as it were. When he suddenly made the connection, the look of utter pride on his face made us both so very happy to have seen him out that night. It was just such a great moment to know our dear friend, whom we look up to and admire, was proud to call us successors in the title.

August 18 was a lovely summer day, overcast but warm with enough breeze to breathe. We headed out to JoostGaard where there was much lovely lounging and chatting in the grassy front yard, a very fluffy blue chicken, delicious BBQ beef ribs (yummy!) and enough boots to have this girl swooning for days and days. We had the chance to talk with a lot of friends, new and old, and were advised of a wedding for two good friends which made Sir and I both so very happy. It's great to know that there's so much love in the world around us!
I was given the opportunity to boot black, first one pair of delightful white boots, then a lovely pair of saddle brown Fluevog boots (which left a lovely but sadly short lived) impression over my right breast. So pretty... And then the boots kept coming! I was able to set up an actual stand in the garage and got to boot black all night long so folks could enter the house with their boots on. While I played with polish and made boots sing, Sir got to chat with more folks and work out some of the logistics for our upcoming fundraising but I'll talk about that more in a few minutes.
After we left the party, it was over to the Cuff to see the SEA-PAH puppies! We got there and sadly there was only a few puppies who had been able to make it out but the night was very busy and they seemed to be having a lot of fun just milling about so that was nice to see. I bumped into another friend of mine and we ended up going out on the dance floor and making general silliness of ourselves enjoying the music and good energy of the night.

The rest of the weekend (which is to say Sunday) was spent recovering from the sun and mosquitoes - ewww.

This last week didn't start out with a lot of fun for me; I got food poisoning on Monday night and was laid up all day Tuesday as a result; on Wednesday we grabbed dinner and headed over to the SML Dress Code social with a SEAPAH invasion. It was wonderful, I got my boots blacked by Paul and play with puppies all while admiring handsome men in leather all around.

Friday was a quieter night, Sir and I met up at a local watering hole near my work where we had a bit of dinner before going to a Farewell party for a good friend of our's who is moving to San Francisco for at least a year, if all goes well. It was a nice mellow party at a coffee shop with lots of his own art hung for sale and viewing before he moved, and I got to sit and chat with a friend for a while, just enjoying the quiet of the night.

Saturday was a very easy day where I spent most of it sitting in the yard - or in bed - and knitting while I waited for information to roll in regarding the upcoming NW Leather Weekend and tried to write bios for myself and Sir. Writing a bio is hard, it's harder still when it's your own! We finally gave up on the bios Saturday evening, got up and dressed and went off to DivaStomp at El Norte in Lake City. It was a nice event, though a bit crowded for the venue. Sunday was a nice enough day, cooler than I like but hey that's Seattle for you and we got to go out to another event and hang out with some friends for a while.

But on to other things of more interest and import : This weekend is the NW Leather Weekend (http://www.nwleatherweekend.org) and I hope to see you all out during the weekend. It's shaping up to be absolutely amazing with fantasies and performances and raffles and/or auctions for amazing items. I hope to see you all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment